Monday, December 1, 2008

A Few Notes from Natalie

I would really like to thank everyone who sent mail and made an attempt to be involved in Bonnie's baby shower. A special thanks to: Aunt Kim and Cousin Shelby, Gramma G, Mom, and Isaac for being there, cooking a counter-ful of party snacks, and helping me put up streamers and decorations. I was a little sad at first that almost everyone who RSVP'ed their definite presence didn't show up. Aunt Kim drove 20 hours on Thanksgiving (20 hours!) and still made the short trip to my parent's house to play shower games and eat snacks the next day. Thanks for the great brownie candies, Kim! Aunt Kim and Cousin Shelby were great.

I tried not to feel too discouraged that some of our invited guests didn't come, and would still like to thank everyone who sent beautiful letters and very useful gift cards to Bonnie and Ben. We realize that our invitees who live far across the country wouldn't be able to make it, but we still sent invites as a show of our love for those people; we hope you still felt included in this growing family!

We hope that word got around to those of you whose invites were sent back to me. When you're licking, stamping and addressing dozens and dozens of envelopes, and getting addresses over the phone, it's a difficult task to keep everything accurate!

I must say that my sister was positively glowing. Her maternal instincts and mannerisms are at an all-time high. She's low on mood-swings, and high on patience, kindness, and being at peace with those around her. In my opinion, all of those are wonderful qualities to bring into motherhood! I'm also pleased to note that with pregnancy, she has a new-found love of chocolate. Maybe once those babies are out, I'll finally have a companion to join me in satisfying my sweet tooth!

Time with Bonnie and some of the women in our family was far too brief. I miss my sister so much already! I can't wait to see her again, and maybe when that happens, hold the strong little guys who are growing inside that baby oven! I got to feel them kick, and for having such cramped space, and being so tiny, they are SO STRONG! I'm excited for three athletic nephews. I dream one day of taking them on hiking and camping trips. What a blast!

Thank you again to those who have sent and shown support!

Love and Thanks,

Natalie

P.S. We got some fantastic pictures of gift-opening and baby games. Stay tuned, I hope to have those up sooner than later!

No comments: