Sunday, October 5, 2008

19 weeks, 6 days-October 2nd





Sorry to not post sooner, but we were having some computer/printer/scanner issues. I had my last appointment on Thursday and the doctors are very impressed about how well I am carrying triplets and how well all of the babies are developing. In fact, and I could be wrong on this, but from what I gathered from all the medical terminology, the doctors seem to think the babies are about 4 weeks ahead of where they were expected to be at this point, developmentally. All three boys are wiggle worms, and sometimes make it difficult for the technicians who do the ultrasounds to get everything they need in one shot, but it is so fun to watch them move around during the ultrasounds. The ultrasound they did Thursday, and that will be done again in Denver tomorrow, are the full anatomy ultrasounds where they check the growth and development of each baby individually. These ultrasounds are getting VERY uncomfortable. Laying on my back for extended periods of time make me feel queasy and gross. During my last ultrasound they had to stop half-way through and get me ice water and let me lay on my side until I felt less like getting sick everywhere. They also ended up having to do the second half of the ultrasound with me laying on my side. I think my belly button is about to the point where it's going to be popping out any time now. I have also noticed, just today in fact, that my belly button has a reddish-purplish triangle above it sometimes. I'm not sure what that is, but I suppose I can ask the doctors in Denver tomorrow. I will try to get pregnant Bonnie pictures up soon. And I am very pleased to report that as of now, I still don't have any stretch marks!

1 comment:

Sara said...

It's so neat that you get to see your boys every week! I only got 2 u/s, one at 10 weeks to verify I was pregnant and then the normal 20 week one. Awesome that you get the 3d ones too! So cool :)