Saturday, May 8, 2010

They do grow up so fast...

Haven't updated in months, as in my typical fashion...

So the boys will be 16 months on the 20th. It's amazing how much they are learning and absorbing. Owen has decided to be the big brother of the pack, he's so funny. He struts around the house and you can just see on his face that he thinks he's mister big guy. He acts tough and won't be caught dead wanting Mommy... unless his brothers are playing with Mommy... or if he's tired.... or if he doesn't feel good, or someone stole his toy... or if his cousin is around...

Ethan is a complete and total Momma's boy. If he's contently playing and having a good time and I walk by without picking him up... OH BOY! When I'm not holding him he is trying to crawl up my legs, or yelling for me to come get him. Even if he's being held by someone else, if I'm near by he's throwing himself out of whoever's arms in my direction. It's so nice to be needed and so loved, but goodness...can't I have a minute to myself?!

Marcus. Our little butterball. Marcus is content and happy about 97.8% of the time. There are times though when he acts as though he is so starved of attention. Mainly, he only complains that his food's not on the table in front of him fast enough. Of course, once his food is in front of him, he insists on inspecting, feeling, and playing with it before he really eats any.

All three of them are growing and thriving. They have their own little table they sit and eat at. They eat all "human" food now. No more bottles, formula, mush or baby food. They love hot dogs. They also love chicken, noodles, turkey, bread, green beans, bananas, strawberries, cherrios, cupcakes, applesauce, sorbet, macaroni, spaghetti, yogurt, and pretty much anything else that's set in front of them. They were a little freaked out by eggs at first, and then Ben put ketchup in their eggs (a completely horrid and disgusting idea to me) and they loved it. Thank goodness for Ben having differing tastes than me when it comes to eggs, because it got the boys to eat their eggs!

Let's see...Two boys are walking now! Owen and Ethan. Owen's been walking for a long time now, and Ethan likes to follow Owen around the house holding onto his hips now. Cutest thing. Of course, whenever they do something so unbelievably adorable, as soon and I grab the camera or video camera, they stop. Marcus is working on walking, but hasn't quite figured out how to move and balance himself upright yet. He'll stand up and start to lose balance so he spreads his legs further apart. He seems to think the further his legs are from each other, the more sturdy he'll be. Such a cutie.

They LOVE playing outside, which I love, because feeling cooped up inside all day everyday is depressing. We like to go on walks to the park, but that kind of stopped when we were there and a dog-napping took place. If someone will steal a dog from someone's yard in the middle of the day... yeah... Maybe we'll start going on longer walks to nicer parks.

A BIG THANKS to Jeff (sorry, I do not know his last name). Jeff, a co-worker of my father-in-law, gave us an old car. We're a two car family!! That means Ben can go to work, and I'll have a car with the car seats here. I don't have to feel "stuck" anymore! Plus, it's a huge relief to know I'll have a car at all times in case of an emergency!

No comments: